When my mom brought home some left over biscotti from her weekly "all-girl group" sessions, I knew I had to get that recipe and make some for our cookie jar:) It was the first biscotti I tasted and it was the almond oomph that made me want more. The almond flavor brought together the taste of nuts and chocolate chips. So delish!
Biscotti is twice-baked to preserve it for a longer period since most of its moisture is removed from the second baking. But storing it for a long time did not apply here at home. When I made biscotti, our cookie jar emptied in just one day! My siblings also got hooked to this delish treat.
For me, biscotti is a perfect coffee match. Just dip the biscotti into your steaming coffee and let your senses savour all the good flavors. Yuummm! It's heavenly...
So, here's my first biscotti recipe (as I will be posting more biscotti varieties):
Choco Chip-Walnut Biscotti
1/2 cup butter 1 cup white sugar 2 large eggs 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp almond extract 2 1/2 cups APF 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup semi-sweet choco chips 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Sift together APF, baking powder, and salt. Set Aside.
2. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
3. At low speed, add eggs one a time. Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
4. Pour in half of the flour and mix. Add the rest of the flour and mix till batter is smooth.
5. With a rubber spatula, fold in choco chips and chopped walnuts.
6. Transfer batter into greased and floured baking pan. Divide batter into two and form two logs. About 12" x 3".
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 deg. F.
8. Remove biscotti from oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Slice logs with a serrated knife - about 1/2" thick slices.
9. Return slices to oven and bake each side for about 5-10 minutes.
Hi, thanks for visiting my food blog!
Here I willI will be featuring my own recipes: both cooking and baking, some restaurant reviews, newly discovered methods of dieting (the part on how to get slimmer), new found food, and just about everything and anything that's related to food :)
As what my blog title says --> I'm on a (FULL) diet, its a mix of my attempts to acquire a slimmer body and at the same time discover and savour the different flavors on this planet. Quite contradicting eh?
Well, its something like that.
Like a vicious cycle! lol.
This site is best for eaters and dieters like me :)